Information on the Application Process
All students studying at the University of Mannheim and candidates applying for a master’s program at the University of Mannheim can apply from 15 April to 15 May 2020 (date as per incoming postmark).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the application deadline for all students studying at the University of Mannheim and all candidates applying for a master’s program at the University of Mannheim is extended to 31 May 2020 (date as per postmark)
Candidates applying for a bachelor’s program at the University of Mannheim can apply from 1 May to 31 May 2020 (date as per incoming postmark).
In order to study at the University of Mannheim
and be awarded a Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship from the University of Mannheim Foundation you have to submit two
Step 1: Application to study at the University of Mannheim
You can only be awarded the Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship if you were admitted to the University of Mannheim. If you are not enrolled yet, please apply for a study place at the University of Mannheim. Please use the online application portal for your application.
General information on the University of Mannheim and the application deadlines for each program of study can be found on the websites of the Admissions Office.
Application for the Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship
If you have applied for a study place or are already enrolled at the University of Mannheim, you can apply for the Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship.
In order to apply, the following documents must be submitted:
- completed and signed application form;
- letter of motivation (one to two A4 pages);
- copy of your Higher Education Entrance Qualification;
- copy of your bachelor's degree certificate (if applicable);
- copy of further degree certificates (if applicable);
- current transcript of records including your average grade (if applicable);
- proof of your financial situation including all relevant supporting documents, i.e. bank statements as well as income records of the past three months (your own statements and records and your parents’, spouse’s or registered life partner’s ones); every financial document needs to be translated into German or English and every sum has to be converted into Euro;
- detailed description of all financial means available (through
parents, other relatives,
employment, scholarships, housing benefits, child support, child benefits, etc.);
- official notification regarding BAföG, or a letter of rejection to clarify why you do not receive BAföG;
- proof of any personal, family-related, or health-related circumstances that are relevant for this application;
- if applicable, other documentation (work experience, vocational training certificate, prizes and awards, children’s birth certificates, etc.);
- if you are an international student: information on your residence permit;
- if you are an
international student: information on how you plan to meet the financial requirements
for a student visa.
 Available at the express desk of the Student
Service Center of the University of Mannheim
Applications are to be submitted in written form in German or English to:
Stiftung Universität Mannheim
Betrifft: Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship
Schloss (Raum O 043)
After we have received your application, we will send you a confirmation of receipt by email. Since only complete applications in due form that have been submitted on time will be considered, please do not send any documents after the end of the application period.
There is no legal entitlement to receive funds from the Foundation.