Advice and Information for Students of the University of Mannheim
Open consultation hours
The Student Services' open consultation hours give you the chance to ask organizational, and formal, study-related questions. Every program has its own advisor who can support you from enrollment through to disenrollment. You can find the contact details and office hours of your advisor here:
- If you study Business Administration, Economic and Business Education, Economics, Business Informatics, Mathematics in Business and Economics or Business Law, please contact the Student Services office I team.
- If you study a subject from the Humanities or Social Sciences, a Teacher Education program, the Master of Laws, or the state examination program in Law, which is gradually being phased out, please contact the Student Services office II team.
Individual Advising Appointments
Studying doesn't always go according to plan. If you:
- are not sure whether you have chosen the right program and/or are thinking about transferring to a different program,
- think you might fail the orientation examination or your final attempt at an examination,
- are not making any progress with your program, or
- have other problems that are affecting your studies,
please do not hesitate to make an academic advising appointment with the
Student Services directors. Contact Ms.
Steubing to request an appointment.
If you have questions on your program's
content or the legal aspects of examinations, please contact the respective
program manager or examination committee.
The Student Guide will direct you to the right contact person(s).