Before Your Departure

Before you leave Mannheim, you must first take care of certain administrative tasks.

Here are the things you need to do before leaving Mannheim:


  • Disenroll from the university at the Express-Service
  • Give your notice of departure at the governmental registration office (“Einwohnermeldeamt” in K 7)
  • If you have German health insurance: please present your statement of de-enrollment and the confirmation of de-registration (from the office in K 7) to your insurance company
  • Students who were assigned a room by the International Office will receive an email with additional tasks for their moving-out.

Transcript of Records

Once all your grades are published, we will issue your Transcript of Records automatically and send it to your home university via regular mail. You will receive a pdf copy via email. The Transcript contains a list of your courses and the respective grades and amount of ECTS obtained. Within the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), courses are assigned a certain number of credits which reflect the work load required for the course. The credits are awarded when a course is successfully completed. Please mind that for those exams you did not pass or did not attend you will not get credit points – they will, however, appear on the transcript.

Incoming Exchange StudentsInternational Degree-Seeking StudentsOutgoing StudentsScholars & StaffContact